Surveys have shown that most people won’t date someone that is a bad kisser. The good news is that anyone can learn how to be a good kisser.
If you don’t consider yourself to be a good kisser at the moment, don’t worry! None of us are born good kissers! We all have to learn how to kiss. Most people learn how to kiss through trial and error and are not even aware of the mistakes they make while kissing… Many of them have lots of kissing experience but are not good at kissing.
It doesn’t matter how much kissing experience, if any, you have. Just pay attention to the following kissing tips and you will discover everything you need to know on how to be a good kisser.
What Makes A Good Kisser?
There is no single trait that makes someone a good kisser. A good kisser pays attention to both the physical AND emotional sides of kissing. They are different sides of the same coin!
The physical side of kissing is mainly about your kissing technique and hygiene, such as having fresh breath, whereas the emotional side of kissing includes factors such as your body language, timing and the emotional bond you have with your partner before, during and after kissing him or her.
Even if you have the most awesome kissing technique and have mastered the art of how to French kiss as if French kissing was named after you, you will not be thought of as a good kisser if you try to kiss someone that is not really ready to kiss you right there and then. By the same token, even if your partner thinks you’re the best thing since sliced bread, is crazy about you and can’t wait to kiss you, you will not be considered a good kisser if your breath stinks.
If I have to choose one single trait that is the most important trait of a good kisser, it would be this:
Give your partner what he or she wants! Focus your full attention on your partner as if he or she is the only person in the world right now that matters to you, and the only way you can express how you really feel about him or her is by kissing him or her. It should come straight from your heart.
By being aware of both the physical and emotional sides of kissing and by making it your own you will be an awesome kisser!
Have a look at the following video and then we’ll look at some specific tips on how to be a good kisser.
How To Be A Good Kisser Video
The following is a pretty good video on how to be a good kisser. I have added the various steps mentioned in the video below. As you look at the video notice how the kiss is only good if there is a balance between the physical and the emotional side of kissing.
Step 1. Make sure you have fresh breath.
Step 2. Keep things interesting by varying your technique and tempo.
Step 3. Give them what they want. If you’re a guy, kiss her neck as girls often find it more enjoyable than kissing. And, if you’re a girl, gently bite his earlobe.
Step 4. Caress your partner while kissing. Guys, no groping! Rather hold her face in your hands as you kiss her. Most girls love that!
Step 5. Keep your tongue in the front half of the other person’s mouth. Nobody likes to be gagged!
Step 6. Don’t be afraid to moan softly and breath heavily. There is no bigger turn-on than knowing you’re turning on someone else.
For some more kissing videos see kissing videos.
Tips On How To Be A Good Kisser
Let’s look at some specific tips as well as do’s and don’ts on how to be a good kisser.
Physical Traits Of A Good Kisser
- Look after yourself. A good kisser knows he or she does not have to look like a supermodel but that nobody likes to kiss someone that smells, has chapped lips, foul breath and dirty hands.
- Take it nice and easy. A good kisser is in no rush to start kissing. He or she builds up the anticipation of a kiss and has all the time in the world to make sure it’s not a rushed kiss but a meaningful and memorable kiss.
- Use your hands. A good kisser understands that his or her hands form a vital part of a good kissing experience. Use your hands to caress your partner while kissing. If you’re a guy hold her head while kissing her, brush your fingers through her hair or use your hands and arms to embrace her and to hold her close to you. If you’re a girl use your hands to touch his face or chest while kissing him or to embrace him.
- Don’t only kiss your partner’s mouth. Girls love to be kissed in the neck and guys enjoy it when a girl nibbles on their earlobes. A good kisser knows not to only focus on kissing his or her partner on the mouth.
- Vary your technique. A predictable kisser is a boring kisser. Don’t always kiss him or her in exactly the same way. Spice things up a bit, try something new and keep is exciting.
- Using too much tongue is bad. A good kisser uses his or her tongue to gently tease and caress the lips and tongue of his or her partner. Don’t just stick your tongue into your partner’s mouth or try to see how deep it can go!
- Don’t forget to swallow and to breathe! Kissing can produce excess saliva. A good kisser will swallow excess saliva and breathe through his or her nose while French kissing. It’s not cool to break a kiss to gasp for air or to have too much saliva in your mouth while kissing. A soggy kiss is not very appealing to most people.
- Be careful not to hurt your partner! Don’t bite, ever! Guys, remember that girls bruise easily. Always be gentle when kissing someone. Don’t move in for the kiss too fast or you may bump noses or teeth.
- Close your eyes while kissing. A good kisser always closes his or eyes while kissing someone. Staring into someone’s eyes while kissing is simply just weird and will make you partner uncomfortable.
The above-mentioned traits do not cover any step-by-step advice on how to go from A to B. For step-by-step advice see how to kiss and kissing tips. And, if you’re ready to make out with someone you should have a look at how to make out as well.
There are also some helpful articles on this site for girls, such as how to kiss a guy and how to kiss a boy for the first time; and for guys, such as how to kiss a girl and how to kiss a girl for the first time if it’s your first kiss.
Emotional Traits Of A Good Kisser
- The right time and place. A good kisser knows there is a time and place for everything and that kissing at just the right moment can make a huge difference. Try to always kiss your partner in private. That way you have fewer distractions.
- Treat your partner with respect. If you’re a guy, be a gentleman! Don’t try to see how far you can push her! A good kisser never tries to take advantage of his or her partner and won’t do anything that will make his or her partner feel uncomfortable.
- Be sure your partner is ready. A kiss has to be shared to be enjoyed! Don’t surprise your partner. If he or she is not ready to kiss you it will be awkward and embarrassing for both of you. A good kisser is in tune with his or her partner and knows when he or she is ready to be kissed.
- Eye contact is important. They say the eyes are windows to the soul. You can convey a lot to a person by looking into his or her eyes. Often your expression says more than words and if you want to kiss someone you can let them know by just looking at them in the right way. Words become unnecessary. A good kisser always try to convey his feelings by looking at his partner in a suggestive way and also gets valuable feedback from the way his or her partner looks at him or her.
- Kind words will get you everywhere. A good kisser knows how to charm and compliment his partner. If you’re a guy, tell her she is beautiful. And, if you’re a girl tell him he is handsome. People need to hear it. Don’t just assume they know how you feel about them.
- Put your partner at ease. A good kisser understands that his or her partner may be nervous or unsure of what to do or what to expect. Hold hands and squeeze his or her hand reassuringly while looking into his or her eyes and give your partner a warm and friendly smile to put him or her at ease.
- Always try to please your partner. A good kisser will always try to please his or her partner instead of wanting to be pleased. Try to find out what your partner likes and do your best to give it to him or her. Normally it’s something small like kissing her neck or nibbling on his earlobe.
- Make your partner feel special. A good kisser makes his partner feel as if he or she is the only person in the world that matters at that moment. Give him or her your full and undivided attention while kissing or making out.
- Be in tune with partner. A good kisser immediately knows if his or her partner is not into the kiss and knows when to stop. Let your partner’s body language be your guide as to what he or she likes or doesn’t like.
By following the kissing tips mentioned on this page you will be a good kisser in no time at all. Remember that not every kiss has to be perfect but it has to be sincere. Furthermore, different couples kiss differently and what may work for your current boyfriend or girlfriend may not work as well if you get a new boyfriend or girlfriend in the future. However, stick to the basics as outlined above and you will have a solid foundation on which to build as you gain more kissing experience.
If you enjoyed this article please show your appreciation by clicking on the Facebook Like or Google+ icons below or tweet about it!